- To establish the decent and democratic environment for all the workers in Nepal.
- The primary mission of ITUC-NAC is to establish decent working environment, thereby, ensuring the implementation of Labor’s Law. Furthermore, it works towards improving living conditions of all the workers who toil in factories, companies, hotels and restaurants, and other areas including agricultural and construction sectors.
- It also aims to bring about public awareness among all the concerned stakeholders to respect the labor laws for industrial peace and stability and the overall prosperity of the nation.
- Protection, promotion and assurance of rights of workers in Nepal.
The following core values are the guiding principles of ITUC-NAC to achieve its mission.
- Generate national and regional political commitment to institutionalize a decent employment system in Nepal.
- Exert pressure on entrepreneurs/businessmen/factory owners and government authorities for their compliance to the basic principles of trade union, international labor standards and ILO Conventions.
- Promote and recognize social protection of formal and informal economy workers across the country.
- Improve labor legislation and national social security schemes through social dialogue and negotiation mechanisms with concerned parties.
- Establish effective Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and Labor Inspection System (LIS) in the Nepali labor market.
- Promote trade union activities at local, regional, national levels with awareness programs.
- Enhance the capacity, skill and knowledge of all the workers through different training, orientation and seminars.